Monday, August 18, 2014

Week of 8/18-8/22

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know what is going on in our classroom this week. We are diving straight into content! We will begin by learning about the scientific method, something we will use very often throughout the year in our classroom. We have several fun things planned that I know everyone will love. I originally thought that I would use this website to update nightly with homework. However, after talking with the other teachers on our team, we will use the website to keep you updated about what we are doing in class and use it for important reminders as needed. In addition, we will also send out remind101 text if it is very important. 

In regards to homework assignments, students will keep track of homework assignments on their planner sheet. The planner sheet is located on the back of the weekly discipline sheet and is kept on the back side of the red folder. Whenever students have a homework assignment, they will be required to write it down on their planner sheet and will be given the time to do so in class. This will be a great way for students to become more responsible. I hope you will encourage them to reference their planner sheet at home. 

Also, every Friday the weekly discipline sheet will be sent home with students and will need to be returned the following Monday with a parent signature. You may notice that your child still has his/hers in their folder tonight. Since I was out on Friday, I gave students the opportunity to take them home again tonight to get them signed. I will take up all of the signed papers tomorrow.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me and I will help you in any way that I can. 

Thank you and have a great week! 

Mrs. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment