Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello Everyone!

I am looking forward to an exciting week in science class! This week we will be dissecting earthworms and the highly anticipated squid! I am so excited to share these experiences with my students. Based on how much fun we had when we dissected gummy worms last week, I know we are going to have a blast! On Friday, we took our first quiz over the scientific method. The quiz consisted of 6 matching questions. The grading scale is as follows:

90-100 = 4
70-89 = 3
50-69 = 2
49-1 = 1
0 = 0

Due to the nature of the quiz and the grading scale, if students missed one they inevitably missed another and ended up with a low score. For example, students who got 4/6 correct (67%)  received a 2. If your child scored a 2 or below, I wrote on their paper to study and re-take the quiz. I will give them another opportunity to retake the quiz tomorrow. I wanted to clarify the grades, since this is a new system we will all be adjusting to. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. With that being said, please encourage your child to study their scientific method foldable on pg. 4 tonight if needed.

Homeroom/Common Core (8/25/14-8/29/14)

This week we will begin spelling in our homeroom. Our spelling test will be on Friday and the words are as follows:

1. sum
2. flat
3. plum
4. bell
5. grim
6. plot
7. band
8. bluff
9. dock
10. blot
11. odd
12. left
13. cash
14. mill
15. past
16. shelf
17. wealth
18. crunch
19. hint
20. build
Challenge Words
21. hypothesis
22. character
23. setting
24. period
25. value

Again, if you need anything from me please let me know! Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Taylor

morgan.taylor@corbin.kyschools.us

No comments:

Post a Comment