Wednesday, November 19, 2014

11/19/14

-We will have a short quiz over the layers of the Earth on Friday 11/21/14. Students can use the Earth Science section of their interactive notebooks to study for the quiz. They may also view the attached video on Earth's Structure on  Brainpop and take the quiz that follows. The username for brainpop is corbins and the password is redhounds

-All 4th grade students will be attending the career fair on Friday during their Science class. Students can dress up for the career of their choice as long as they let me know what they will be dressing up as.   

-Please allow and encourage your child to work on i-Ready Math and Reading if you have internet access at home. We are starting a school wide competition using the i-Ready program. The competition is actually a collaborative effort between Mrs. Thomas and myself as part of our leadership project as first year teachers. Students should have brought home a letter today about the i-Ready parent night on Monday, November 24, 2014. We have some great incentives in store for our students who are working hard on this program. Of course, I want my students to be at the top of this competition!! I have truly been amazed by how hard they have been working to complete lessons! If you are free on Monday, I would love to see everyone at the i-Ready parent night to share more information about the great things this program can do for our students. 

-For now, keep up the great work! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help anyone out! 

I hope everyone is having a great week!! 

~Mrs. Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment